Team Jak Foundation will respect and personal data you share with us, both current and historical, and will keep it safe. It is our aim to be clear when we collect your data and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect. Here we tell you what we will and will not do with your information.
This policy includes:
- What is personal data?
- What personal data we collect and how we use it?
- Where we collect information about you from?
- How we keep your data safe and who has access?
- Keeping your information up to date.
- Subject Access Requests and amending your information.
- Changes to this Policy.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please let us know by contacting Jak’s Den, Geddes House, Kirkton, Livingston, EH54 6GU, via telephone on 01506 412302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and online identifiers such as IP addresses.
What personal data do we collect?
Supporters, Donors & Fundraisers
If you support Team Jak by making a donation, regular giving, register to fundraise, sign up for an event or to buy promotional items from our on-line shop, we will usually collect:
- Your name.
- Your contact details.
- Your bank, payment or credit card details.
If you have kindly Gift Aided your donation to Team Jak, we must record the fact you are a UK taxpayer and we must maintain a record of the amount of Gift Aid we have claimed.
Where appropriate we may also ask you for:
- Information relating to your health; we would only do this if there is a clear reason for doing so, such as where we need this information to ensure that we are able to provide appropriate services and facilities, or for example, to enable you to participate in an event (such as a marathon).
- Your motivation for giving, including whether this relates to any personal experience of Team Jak Foundation.
We will mainly use your data to:
- Provide you with the services, products or information you have asked for – such as donations, participation in campaigns, and provision of information.
- Administer your donation or support your fundraising, including processing gift aid.
- Comply with charity law and other regulations.
- Keep a record of your relationship with us.
- Manage your marketing preferences.
- Communicate with our supporters
- Understand how we can improve our services, products or information.
Whatever it is about Team Jak you are interested in, we really want to be as tailored as we can in our communications to you. We also want to speak to you in the way you’d prefer – be it by email, on the phone or in writing. To help us do this, we will sometimes analyse things like what you are interested in and where you live to help us engage with you in a meaningful way. This is important because it cuts down on broad-ranging communications and helps us ask for donations or give information based on what we know you would like to hear about.
If you support Team Jak by signing up as a volunteer we will usually collect the following information
This can include:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number, date of birth and gender;
- the volunteering remit we have agreed upon for you;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience;
- information about your emergency contacts;
- information about your nationality and entitlement to work in the UK;
- information about any criminal record you may have;
- details of your schedule (days of volunteering and volunteer hours);
- details of any concerns or complaints in which you have been involved;
- information about medical or health conditions, including whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments;
- equal opportunities monitoring information including information about your ethnic origin, sexual orientation and religion or belief.
We will mainly use your data to:
- support you in your volunteering activities.
- Keep a record of your relationship with us.
- Manage your contact preferences.
- Keep you informed as to volunteering opportunities with Team Jak Foundation
Families who use our Services
If you are a family who uses our support services and when you contact us by phone, e-mail, text, social media, online, letter, in person or through another party, we may collect and store personal information about you. This might be, for example, when you:
- ask us about our services, book counselling or other therapies or appointments with us
• enquire about, or register for a fundraising event
• make a donation or purchase an item from us
• contact us via our website, email, phone, SMS, social media or post
• post on our social media sites
We may also receive information about you from third parties in connection with any of these activities, provided you’ve given them permission to share your information with us. This might include:
- booking information supplied by a child’s guardian about other members of the group
• referrals from medical or social work staff supporting you and your family
• enrolment details when you participate in an event organised by another organisation to raise funds for Team Jak
• donations or sponsorship received via online giving platforms
When you use our website we also collect certain technical information without you personally providing this to us, such as internet protocol addresses, the internet platform you are using and device identifiers. This allows us to identify your device and communicate correctly with it.
What information we collect about you and why
We may use the information we collect to:
• provide you with information about our work and activities
• provide you with the services, products or materials you requested
• ask you to help us raise money, donate through our appeals or invite you to events
• process your donation or support your fundraising for us, including any gift aid element
• keep a record of your relationship with us and your contact preferences
• seek your feedback and address any complaint
• comply with the law
We may send you occasional information about services we offer, latest news, fundraising and social events and sale items by social media, phone or mobile, SMS, e-mail, or post where you have consented to receive it via these media. Your consent to receive such communications from us will be valid for three years, unless you tell us otherwise.
You can change your communication preferences or unsubscribe at any time and your updated preferences will override any previous choices you have provided to us.
Den Appointment Bookings
Lawful basis for processing:
- booking applications/registration forms: contract
• special categories of information (ie health) contained in a booking application: consent
When you apply for a Team Jak service we ask you for essential information that allows us to assess whether we can offer you a place and how we can make your visit as easy and comfortable as possible. We then use your personal information to provide the service you have requested. This information may include:
- your name, address, email and phone number(s), so that we can identify and contact you about booking opportunities or applications
• the days and times you are available so that we can confirm availability
• the name, date of birth and gender of the child or young person receiving treatment, together with information on the treatment centre and key medical / social work staff involved, so that we can assess whether we are able to offer you a place and have their details in case of an emergency.
Where we collect health information we will seek your explicit consent to process it. This information is held securely by Team Jak and is not shared with any third party. If you choose not to provide consent, your application will not be adversely affected
- the name, age and gender of those who live with you and their relationship to the child or young person receiving treatment, so that we can ensure that we meet the needs of your whole family, provide appropriate seasonal or other gifts for you where we are able and arrange other services as required
• your communication preferences.
With your consent, we will contact you to share news about Team Jak – keep you informed about the progress we are making and to ask for financial and non-financial support. We make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate, in a way that suits you. Our forms have clear marketing preference questions and we include information on how to request no contact (Opt-Out) from us. If you don’t want to hear from us, that’s absolutely fine, please just get in touch to let us know and we will make sure your wishes are followed. When you give us your information, or you get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com.
We do not sell or share personal details with third parties for the purposes of marketing. But, if you attend an event run in partnership with another named organisation your details may need to be shared. We will be very clear what will happen to your data when you register.
Where we collect information about you from
We collect information in the following ways:
When you give it to us directly
You may give us your information in order to sign up for one of our events, tell us your story, make a donation, purchase our product or communicate with us. Sometimes when you support us, your information is collected by an organisation working for us (e.g. professional fundraising agencies), but we are responsible for your data at all times.
When you give it to via a third party
When you give permission to other organisations to share it.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
You may also provide permission for third-party organisations to share your data with other third parties, including charities. You may do this when you buy a product or service, register with a website that runs competitions or register with a comparison site.
The information we get from those services depends on your settings or the responses you give, so you should regularly check them.
When we collect it as you use our website
Like most websites, we use ‘cookies’ to help us make our site – and the way you use it – better. Cookies mean that a website will remember you. They’re small text files that sites transfer to your computer (or phone or tablet). They make interacting with a website faster and easier – for example by automatically filling your name and address in text fields.
In addition, the type of device you’re using to access our website and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are, and why a crash has happened. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
If you do not wish to accept cookies on to your machine you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, this will affect the functionality of the Team Jak website for you.
How we keep your data safe and who has access
We ensure that there are appropriate controls in place to protect your personal details both paper and electronic form.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff, volunteers and contractors.
We may need to disclose your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors.
We will only ever share your data in other circumstances if we have your explicit and informed consent.
Keeping your information up to date
Where possible we use publicly available sources to keep your records up to date. We really appreciate it if you let us know if your contact details change. You can do this via the link on our website or via the link at the foot of our monthly newsletters.
Subject Access Requests: Your Rights
You have a right to ask us to stop processing your personal data. If it’s not necessary for the purpose you provided it to us for (e.g. processing your donation or registering you for an event) we will do so.
Contact us on 01506 412302 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.
You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, although we may charge £10 to provide this. If you spot any mistakes, please let us know and we will correct them.
If you want to access your information, send a description of the information you want to see, and proof of your identity by post to Team Jak Foundation, Jak’s Den, Geddes House, Kirkton, North Livingston, West Lothian. We do not accept these requests by email.
If you have any questions please send these to email@example.com
Changes to this policy